Rental Housing Tribunal Explained


Rental Housing Tribunal – The Rental Housing Act 50 of 1999 came into effect during 2000 and is the guiding legislation for the relationship that exists between tenants and landlords.

Rental Housing Tribunal creates an important body for landlords and tenants

The Rental Housing Tribunal manages complaints from both landlords and tenants and will intervene, mediate and seek resolution on any issues submitted to them. It only deals with matters relating to residential properties, however, and not commercial rentals.

The primary reason for lodging a complaint must be contesting unfair practice that has been undertaken by a landlord or tenant. The Tribunal focuses on quickly resolving disputes and must resolve a complaint within 90 days.

Rental Housing Tribunal

Finding a solution

When the Rental Housing Tribunal reaches a final resolution on a matter, it is considered a court order and must be adhered to. As with all court orders, their rulings can be appealed through the High Court.

Their has offices in each province, which oversee cases within each of its geographical areas. Most importantly, their services are free to use.

Get in Conact

Can we help you lodge a complaint with the Rental Housing Tribunal? Call us on 021 439 520 or Contact Us.

Learn more about Simon Dippenaar Eviction Lawyer.

Previous post:
Next post:

The information on this website is provided to assist the reader with a general understanding of the law. While we believe the information to be factually accurate, and have taken care in our preparation of these pages, these articles cannot and do not take individual circumstances into account and are not a substitute for personal legal advice. If you have a legal matter that concerns you, please consult a qualified attorney. Simon Dippenaar & Associates takes no responsibility for any action you may take as a result of reading the information contained herein (or the consequences thereof), in the absence of professional legal advice.

Know your eviction rights, then let us handle it.

Request a free call back